Thursday, March 29, 2012

blog. noun. \ˈblȯg, ˈbläg\ {psst.... it's a VERB too!}

I wish I'd known, I would've prepared a speech.... I mean, gosh, I'm stunned.... I'd like to thank all the little people who made this possible.... my husband, my family, my friends.....


Seriously though, I love to tell people I'm a Blogger.  Hell, I love BEING a Blogger.  My friends think I'm a little crazy but hopefully mostly entertaining, to acquaintances I'm learning that it's sometimes easier to describe what I'm doing as a "website," and my Father I've decided is better off not even knowing.... I did mention it once but his blank stare made me quickly move on.  That said, there is a select group of folks that need no explanation of "what in the world" I'm doing.... and that would be my fellow Food Bloggers.  And to get a nod from a fellow blogger a few months in was a really special thing.... but with this nod came a responsibility to CHOOSE among the many blogs I follow and in turn pass that nod along.... and so I took quite a while to compile this list of special blogs that I hope you will take a moment to check out.


First, THANK YOU Connie at Smitten Foodie for not only smiling upon me & my Blog but for your awesome blog, I hope everyone that happens upon this will pop by your blog to check it out...... so much yumminess therein.



NEXT.... more awesomeness a/k/a my nominees.... friends, please check out these great sites.


Flourtrader.... check out Tina and her sweet journey ...of note Boozy Coconut Almond Ice Cream and Fraternity Brunch Bars :) {whom I see is a two time recipient!}


Christine's Pantry... Christine is serving up Andouille Potato Soup as I write this OMG.


Go meet Lizzy at That Skinny Chick Can Bake does that really need more introduction?  Let's just say that she CAN!


Lots of fresh ideas from Abby at Seaweed & Sassafras {whom I see is a two time recipient as well!}


need a use for Nutella?  Choc Chip Uru is your gal at Go Bake Yourself {a 16 year olf blogger I might add!} :)


can't leave out  Cucina49 who has great sweets and not-so-sweets, little bit of this and a little bit of that


and Wendy at Weekend Gourmet who happens to have one of the cutest & yummiest Easter cakes on her blog!


Elin at Elinluv's Corner has some incredible Asian food that I'm dying to try!


and Eftychia from Cyprus who is accountant by day and cake goddess/mum by night! check her out at Dream of cakes I cannot even really dream of being THAT amazing!


Peter at Feed Your Soul who has twists on classics and plain old food to feed your soul... go figure!


Dawn at No Ideas.... um, yeah she's FULL of ideas... can you say cake in a jar?


Then there's the blogs that I cut my teeth on so to speak..... Michelle at That's So Michelle with her endless Jello Shots


And Half Assed Kitchen that I think everyone should follow if for no other reason than they give Free Cheese away LOL


and ValSoCal & Yummy Mummy for the California girls....


and 15 is a lot of work to post about but not anywhere near enough to nod to every great blogger I follow.... but there I've earned this post!


Oh yes, one more task.... so, Connie, 7 things?


1. Every Easter for at least the last 14 years I have made a bunny cake with my kids.... it will be a comical post!
2. I am in the process of making limoncello for the first time and very excited
3. I went to bartending school in NYC in 1985 and bartended for nearly 10 years, before becoming a long haul truck driver and then a lawyer.... in the middle I've been an Ebay Powerseller of handbags and shoes with my pal Molly.
4. I crave Green Chili and don't understand why I can't get it on a pizza in Florida
5. I adore sleeping in.... and I mean like a teenager sleeping in, not 9:00 a.m. sleeping in!
6. I want to go an the Amazing Race with my BFF MaryAnn
7. I don't know who is luckier, me, my husband or my kids....


In closing: here's the official "rules" I'm to repost for those of you I've named herein {I assume only if you've NOT been nominated before}:
  •  Thank the person who gave you this award. 
  •  Include a link to their blog.
  •  Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. 
  •  Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  •  Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. 
There are also a few add-on rules:
  • In the same post, include this set of rules. 
  • Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs
So, what is the Versatile Blogger Award?  ”It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise.”
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. Hello Heidi-great to see that you have received an award from a fellow blogger! It is like getting a big virtual hug. So sweet of you to think of me when passing this along. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, it was a ridiculous task to narrow to 15 but yours is definitely there! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Heidi,

    Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it. :-)

    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on you award!! Very much deserved :) I can't wait to see your bunny cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thx a lot for thinking of me for the versatile blogger award. i signed up for your blog. I like the challenge of holding a job, having kids and finding time to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and don't forget time to blog about the cooking.... thanks for joining :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks SO much, Heidi!!! Who doesn't love another award...I'm always touched by the gesture!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award...I'll be posting about it this morning!! I'm a (non-practcing at the moment...) attorney too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the food blogging world is full of attorneys, analyze that! LOL anyhow, you are welcome, I look forward to following your posts :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the award it was most well deserved by you!
    I am touched you gave me this award thank you so much my friend :D
    Beautiful shout out too!
    I will definitely be posting about it soon!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love your blog it's a lot of fun.... I have a daughter your age that I can only get in the kitchen if I'm making brownies!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for all these kind words you said about me!! You make me look amazing :-)!! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only spoke the truth! I look forward to following your posts :)

      Delete